Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Okay, I admit it, I love color. Why do bags have to be black, or brown, or neutrals? Maybe it's indicative of where I live - we are color starved for the better part of the year. When spring rolls around and the birch trees bud it is so exciting!! When we get a good 'growing season' the flowers around town are spectacular, not to mention abundant. So, in the bleak days of winter it is always fun to go out with a purple or red bag on my shoulder to help remind me that those petunia's will bloom again. I really do like black, too, but lately have been injecting it with colored inlays that match all my wonderful batiks. I can spend hours in the studio just playing with my fabrics. And, no, that is NOT wasted time :) I get inspiration from the colors, the motifs, the textures. Eventually something gets sewn (or at least designed) after these forays. I'm the first to admit I have some slight a.d.d. - but watch out when I get focused!

No comments: