Wednesday, August 23, 2006


I've been wondering how a person can afford multiple designer bags at $500-1200 a whack!? The Purse Forum is full of women talking about this designer bag and that bag, how they've got the brown, but have ordered the white, black, or whatever. It boggles my mind. I have to give some serious thought to spending that kind of money on something that doesn't cook my dinner, or drive me to town :) I think that I make some very nice purses - good leather, quality workmanship - so why can't I command those prices?? Maybe I under-value my work, or I just live in the wrong part of the country. It's sort of frustrating, though, to know that I can make someone a bag to their specifications for a reasonable price, and they'd rather have one that thousands of other women have at twice the money.... Oh well, I enjoy what I'm doing, so I'll keep on with it, and perhaps I'll get 'discovered' one day and people will be clamoring for an ArtBug bag :)

No comments: