Sunday, December 18, 2011

After a busy fall 'season' all but two of the bags from my previous post have been sold. Here are a few of the recent batch I've been working on. More pics on my FB page in the album ArtBug Bags.
I just can't seem to figure out how to 'wrap' my text around these pics. someday I won't be so illiterate.....



I've also been making some really fun quilted vases (w/ glass inserts). They are a great way to use up those batik scraps that I just can't bear to throw away!!

The holidays have been hectic -- we had a great First Friday/Open House the beginning of the month and have been frantically sewing ever since. I'm planning a coat for a show in California with my friend Rachel Clark with the theme 'It's Called Classic for a Reason'. We each choose a classic design, designer, or pattern and give it our own personal twist. I'm using a semi-vintage (1975) Vogue Paris Original Christian Dior coat pattern and will be adding some needlefelted accents to the blue/grey twill wool. Must get through Christmas though!!!!

No comments: